Thanks to support from the Gannett Foundation and our growing list of business sponsors, Solar Austin is ready to hire a full-time Executive Director. We have a very engaged Board of Directors that is eager to work with someone who’s passionate about our work to improve diversity, equity and inclusion in solar jobs and access to solar energy.
Solar Austin is a nonprofit organization focused on solar advocacy and education since 2002. We have been instrumental in spurring and guiding the creation of solar supportive policies at Austin Energy. We have been engaging the public through monthly activities for over a decade and are now expanding our presence in the renewables sector.
In recent years, our work has focused on improving equitable access to the benefits of solar. We are currently working to expand our Pathways to Clean Energy Careers program, which is focused on improving racial and gender diversity among local clean energy companies.
The Executive Director will be responsible for carrying out Solar Austin’s vision through responsible fiscal management and oversight of the organization’s ongoing community programs. The Executive Director will report to the Board of Directors.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Executive Director will be responsible for the following:
- Ongoing fundraising efforts to maintain sustainability of the organization, including research and writing for grants and proposals, maintaining funder relations and completing grant reports.
- Creation of and continued management of payroll and accounting systems.
- Management of Solar Austin’s online presence through email, social media, and website updates.
- Administration of Solar Austin’s programs, to include the Pathways to Clean Energy Careers Program, donated installation program, monthly happy hours, and other events.
- Management of both Solar Austin employees and contractors.
- Attending and taking minutes at monthly board meetings and board committee meetings, as well as working with board and committee chairs to develop agendas and schedule meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in nonprofit administration, finance, or a relevant field (3 years nonprofit management experience is also acceptable).
- High level organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Proven ability to build and maintain positive community relationships.
- Passion to improve diversity and inclusion among the solar industry.
- Proficient in WordPress.
- Previous executive director or non-profit finance management experience is preferred.
- Paid sick leave
- Paid vacation leave
- Paid holidays
- Health insurance reimbursement
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Executive Director application” as the subject.
Solar Austin is an equal opportunity employer and places a high value on diversity. Please apply.